Korby, from the Wild Game Hunting Podcast joins Mike and Zack to talk Spring Turkey. Mike's brother, Brandt, also joins us for the show. We do appologize for the static during a few spots on the show.
God and Guns Podcast
Episode 011 - The Turkey Hunt & Christian Perspective on Hunting
Welcome back to the God and Guns Podcast. My name’s Mike, your host, (Zack) And I’m Zack, your other host.
Zack and I use this podcast to talk about God, guns, and the responsible Christian gun owners interests.
Today we’ll be talking about Hunting; specifically with spring Turkey hunting kicking off we will be talking turkey hunting. This week Korby from The Wild Game Hunting Podcast will join us a little later.
And the bandwidth for this episode is brought to you by the Firearms Radio Network.
- Chuck Norris can slam revolving doors
Weekly Bible Verse:
Then God said, "Let us make mankind in our image, in our likeness, so that they may rule over the fish in the sea and the birds in the sky, over the livestock and all the wild animals, and over all the creatures that move along the ground."
- Korby tell us a little about yourself and your podcast.
- How did you get into hunting?
- What type of hunting do you do?
- What area of the country do you hunt?
- What type of firearm (or bow) to use for turkey hunting?
- What would you tell a novice who wants to get into Turkey hunting?
- Explain to us how turkey hunting work? (typically when can you use firearm, when can you hunt toms?)
- In your opinion what is the best way to find turkeys to hunt? (our farm land has plenty of deer but no Turkey's)
- When to use a turkey call?
- When to use a decoy? Hen, Jake, and Tom, Gobbler
- What type of blind to you use? (Shed, etc)
- What would you say are some moral issues on hunting, from a Christian perspective? (is it ok? ok to kill animals?)
- Where can everyone follow you and find out more about The Wild Game Hunting Podcast?
Leviticus 11 / Deuteronomy - Speaks about animals that can be eaten. Clearly animals are ok to eat.
6 He said to them, “Cast the net on the right side of the boat, and you will find some.” So they cast it, and now they were not able to haul it in, because of the quantity of fish.
19 And my God will supply every need of yours according to his riches in glory in Christ Jesus.
Genesis 27:3 ESV / 116 helpful votes
Now then, take your weapons, your quiver and your bow, and go out to the field and hunt game for me,
And that pretty much wraps up our main topic, which has been brought to you by the Firearms Radio Network.
Weekly Giveaway: Thanks to Midsouth Shooters for supplying the hats and t-shirts for our giveaway.
This weeks winner is: Kevin P
-Send feedback to www.godandgunspodcast.com/contact or email@example.com, or firstname.lastname@example.org
-Please tell your friends about us, leave an iTunes review, and like us on facebook at www.facebook.com/godandgunspodcast