Let them eat cake! But timing when you eat that cake is everything according to physicist and author of The Carb Nite Solution, John Kiefer. Listen in this week to learn some basics about how to use carbohydrates to your advantage. Carol and Lisa pick his brain about what should be considered for the high-performance athlete, the average Joe and the middle aged mom just trying to get ready for bikini season.
Welcome to the Fat2FitHQ podcast. I’m your host, Carol Salva and along with me is Lisa Jarmon of Middletown, Ohio and John Kiefer of Athlete io. In this podcast we are chronicling our journeys from Fat to Fit. We talk about pursuing a healthier lifestyle not only in diet, but in all areas of life.
Topic: John Kiefer
Introduction: John Kiefer has a Masters in Physics, a former career in software engineering, author of The Carb Nite® Solution and Carb Back-Loading, Manual for Total Body Fat Control. He is also the host of a new podcast, Body io FM. Kiefer combines the best of laboratory research with tried-and-true real-world knowledge to guide himself and those who seek his advice. You can find all his links at http://athlete.io/.
Uncut video version of podcast: http://youtu.be/nbpXYadZHsI
Lisa’s questions: Do you believe leucine is an appropriate tool for those who have difficulty regaining a state of ketosis following their carb nite? Is there any benefit or risk to intermittent fasting (until perhaps lunchtime) on the days between carb nites? Is it problematic not to eat on the day after carb nite if not hungry? Is morning exercise in a fasted state advised or discouraged? When will the new podcasts begin?
Carol’s questions: How did you discover this? What lead you to this research? Can you explain the basic foundations of Carb Nite vs. Carb Backloading and why it works? Can you tell us how this is different for women… if it is? How important are heavy workouts for fat loss? How do you feel about overall calories?
Useful Links We Mention:
- More informaiton from Kiefer: www.athlete.io (new website coming soon)
- Keifer’s podcast: https://soundcloud.com/body-io-fm
- The Carb Nite Solution: http://www.carbnite.com/
- Carb Backloading Manual: http://www.carbbackloading.com/
- Paleo FX Conference April 2014:
- Joel Jamieson - tools to manage your stress levels: www.8weeksout.com and http://www.bioforcehrv.com
- Alex Navarro Ultra Low Carb recipes: http://www.fitlivingfoodies.com
TOUGH MUDDER (Puff Mudder???):
Join TEAM FRN: The Gun Runners!
- We call ourselves runners but we are mostly gun-walkers. Run/Walk with us on June 7th in Nashville, Tenn!
- Watch Caroline’s Tough Mudder Journey: http://youtu.be/gQ-DhvWBYOI
- Shoes that are great for Tough Mudder: http://www.6pm.com/vivobarefoot-breatho-trail-l-light-grey-dark-blue
CONNECT WITH US:
- Carol's myfitnesspal account: www.myfitnesspal.com/carolssalva
- Lisa Jarmon’s myfitnesspal account: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/Lisajarmon
- Official Fat2Fit-Biters Site: http://www.fitbit.com/group/22BHX3
- Fat2Fit HQ Sparkteam
Thank you for the iTunes reviews! Please leave us a review in iTunes to really help out the show. Fat2FitHQ Itunes Link We depend on your valuable iTunes reviews. It helps the show become more visible in iTunes and helps guide our content. How do I leave a review you ask?? Read on...
How to Leave a Review in iTunes:
Depending on your device, you may be able to just click the link above, see the iTunes preview page and click your way into ITunes and our show. It is easy from STORE and so it may be obvious on your screen or you can follow the steps below.
For help, watch this youtube video (thank you John White for this) http://youtu.be/XFtkUk_qiZQ
To leave a review using an iPhone or iPad, watch: http://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=plcp&v=9eMFNiBrnHY
Here are the steps to leave your MUCH appreciated review:
- Go to STORE in iTunes or in your Podcast App
- Find the podcast that you would like to write a review for. (we are Fat2FitHQ podcast)
- Click “Write a Review” in the Customer Reviews section.
- Enter your sign in information when prompted (unless you are already signed in).
- Select a star rating.
- Enter a title for your review.
- Write your review in the Review box.
- Click the Submit button.
Again: Please leave us a review in iTunes to really help out the show. Fat2FitHQ Itunes Link
- Send feedback to firstname.lastname@example.org
Come join us on our journeys from Fat to Fit! A show about pursuing a healthier lifestyle not only in diet, but in all areas of life