Zack is having some holiday success and we wonder if it is the Intermittent Fasting he is trying. Carol is desperately trying to beat back the signs of aging that are all over the dang place now. Come along for the fun, dysfunctional ride that is our show.
Welcome to the Fat2FitHQ podcast. I’m your co-host, Zack Carlson from TheGunBench.com and along with me is your host, Carol Salva of the Firearms Radio Network. In this podcast we are chronicling our journeys from Fat to Fit. We talk about pursuing a healthier lifestyle not only in diet, but in all areas of life.
THANK YOU Firearms Radio Network for sponsoring the bandwidth of this show!
Two Weeks in Review
Zack: David Wolff Podcast http://www.nerdist.com/2013/11/you-made-it-weird-185-david-wolfe/
Zack's Intermittent Fasting journey is working!
Carol: Health Nuts Anonymous podcast came out. Got new contacts to help with my old lady vision.
TOPIC: In the thick of the holiday season now. How it’s going?
Free Documentary American Meat (Thanks Lisa Jarmon): http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2013/11/23/american-meat.aspx
How to Survive the Holidays, blogpost from ABEL JAMES: http://www.fatburningman.com/how-to-survive-the-holidays-without-gaining-weight/?awt_l=7nMjU&awt_m=3gcj4YGIHnbvm1.
- Focus on satiety: During the big meals focus on eating to get full, not stuffed. You don’t need to be counting calories or analyzing the ingredients, just chill out and load your plate up with 80-90% meats and veggies – foods that will satisfy you – then leave a little room to have a treat or two. If your meal satisfies you, you’ll be much less likely to overeat.
- Know your trigger foods: acknowledge which foods might trigger a binge episode and eat something else instead.
- Plan to indulge, but not to the point of sickness: Plan to indulge and eat your favorite foods, but dedicate yourself to enjoying the process, not fearing what might happen. Plan to eat a cookie or two, savor them, then move on. Planning to indulge eliminates anxiety, reduces guilt, and allows for a balanced to eating and drinking.
- Separate your emotions from food: The holidays are stressful. Don’t use food to cope. In your plan, figure out what you’re going to do when something stresses you out. How about a relaxing walk? A spot o’ tea? A Will Ferrell movie? Whatever you do, don’t impulse-grab at a plate of cookies and shove them in your face. Not worth it.
- Relax and enjoy yourself: Be merry. Good vibes are contagious.
Please email Zack at Zack@TheGunBench.com to harass him into doing the run with us.
Shoes that are great for Tough Mudder: http://www.6pm.com/vivobarefoot-breatho-trail-l-light-grey-dark-blue
CONNECT WITH US:
www.myfitnesspal.com/akrieger12 (from We Like Shooting podcast)
http://www.myfitnesspal.com/shawnherrin (From We Like Shooting podcast)
http://www.myfitnesspal.com/LilChantilly (From We Like Shooting podcast)
www.myfitnesspal.com/zekestout (from Talking Lead podcast)
Official Fat2Fit-Biters Site: http://www.fitbit.com/group/22BHX3
JAMMOR66: I follow the podcast all the time. I started with the guys but you have taken it to the next level. I am walking, fight night (game exercising) and watching what I am eating. Hit a plateau between 224 and 229 but I am not giving up. I sing at my church and it feels so much easier down 30 lbs! The complements on my appearance help too! I hunt and try to get out shooting with friends and I am trying to work on them to do a mud walk/run of some type ASAP. Please keep it up and I also can't wait to see/hear Carol Gets a Gun.
Thanks for connecting with us on Sparkpeople Jammor! It's been great to chat back and forth with you! I love your Sparkpage and how motivating it is to see your determination! Plateau's are the WORST. But I think the key is just realizing that it is just a plateau and you have to just figure out how to bust through it. So you GO and keep Jammin More into life! - Carol
Thank you for the iTunes reviews!
Please leave us a review in iTunes to really help out the show. Fat2FitHQ Itunes Link
We depend on your valuable iTunes reviews. It helps the show become more visible in iTunes and helps guide our content.
Also, please check out the welikeshootingpodcast.com/itunes and leave them a review as well!
How do I leave a review you ask?? Read on…
HOW TO LEAVE A REVIEW IN iTUNES
Depending on your device, you may be able to just click the link above, see the iTunes preview page and click your way into ITunes and our show. It is easy from STORE and so it may be obvious on your screen or you can follow the steps below.
For help, watch this youtube video (thank you John White for this)
To leave a review using an iPhone or iPad, watch: http://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=plcp&v=9eMFNiBrnHY
Here are the steps to leave your MUCH appreciated review:
- Go to STORE in iTunes or in your Podcast App
- Find the podcast that you would like to write a review for. (we are Fat2FitHQ podcast)
- Click “Write a Review” in the Customer Reviews section.
- Enter your sign in information when prompted (unless you are already signed in).
- Select a star rating.
- Enter a title for your review.
- Write your review in the Review box.
- Click the Submit button.
- Please leave us a review in iTunes to really help out the show. Fat2FitHQ Itunes Link
- Send feedback to email@example.com
Come join us on our journeys from Fat to Fit! A show about pursuing a healthier lifestyle not only in diet, but in all areas of life.