This week we talk Paleo(caveman diet), 4 Hour Body, and review the documentary Food Inc. Will Zack & Jake commit to a diet plan? Welcome to the Fat2FitHQ podcast. This is Zack and Jake from GunGuyRadio and here we plan to chronicle our journeys from fat to fit. Week in Review Weigh In BEGINNING: Zack 278.2, Jake 228 LAST WEEK: Zack 265.1, Jake 220.6 This week: Zack- 256.7 up .6 .. this weight loss is getting pretty darn frustrating. I think I’m going to have to start a “program” like 4HB or something else. I make big gains, then lose it with one weekend of cheating and it puts me back over a week of progress. Have a doc. appt next friday. Jake- 219.6
MAIN TOPIC - Food Inc. Amazon Streaming or Netflix Jake’s Notes:
- Cool early footage of Mcdonalds and the original way they prepared burgers.
- Chicken plant, baby chicks on caver belts then stamping them with green dye. LOL
- 1970s top 5 beef packers controlled only about 25% of the market
- Today top 4 control more than 80% of the market
- After tobacco industry decline many farmers turned to raising chicken
- Chicken farmer lady complaining about debt and being a slave to the company.
- Overstates new corn yield amounts
- FDA conducts far less food inspections today
- Footage of a forklift trying to pick up a sick cow
- Lady who lost her son says “ we put faith in our government to protect us...”
- Meat packing master control station
- More of the same big corporations are EVIL blah blah blah...
- illegal aliens being picked up like they’re criminals DUH!!!
- grass fed farmer says “his desire is to produce the best food in the world... wants to meet the need without compromising the integrity...”
- Global warming B**S*** mentioned business is the source of everything evil
- 90% of soybeans are round-up ready.
- Farmers can’t save their own seed. Monsanto seems like a big bully...
- I worked for Monsanto in seed genetics..
- You can vote to change things 3 times a day by what you buy and choose to eat...
- Plant a garden
- Make a meal for you family and eat with them.
- This is a magnolia film, you can tell the production value just in the beginning scenes.
- Chicken farmers borrow 500k for two houses and earn $18k a year? How is that even a business? Someone needs to call Dave Ramsey before becoming a chicken farmer!
- I do agree that the regulatory people should not have worked or work for the food companies.
- Only 13 slaughterhouses ?
- 32,000 hogs per day.. how did that kill floor work?
- NAFTA cut over a million farmers out of work since they couldn’t compete with our cheap corn
FEEDBACK: LeRoy: I've been enjoying your podcasts and commend you for going through your fit 2 fat journey in public. I have a documentary suggestion for you. Fat Head is a counter point to Super Size Me. I think you will enjoy it. It chould be available on Netflix streaming and maybe Amazon Prime or Hulu. Give it a look and share your thoughts.
As far as diet plans go, I've had the biggest success getting rid of carbohydrates. All of these are empty calories and do not satisfy your hunger for very long. Check out Atkins, Weston A Price, Jimmy Moore's podcasts etc. I'll send more links as I think of them. The information available is almost overwhelming.
upant: Just listened to F2F#9 cooking in a truck does not sound like fun or something easy to keep doing these guys do a paleo podcast but not as good as yours. this page is their caveman diet. podcast 8 is a 9 week success story yours http://www.cavemandoctor.com/about/diet/ (where is my F@F t-shirt for that kiss-up??? LOL) i dropped to 198lbs last week and celebrated with a pound of cake ....oh well can't be perfect all of the time. dang kids and their birthdays Keep up the good work and don't give up.