Welcome to Episode #118 of the AR15 Podcast. I’m your host Reed Snyder and with me tonight are my co-hosts J.W. Ramp and Anthony Hardy. This is the podcast about your favorite black rifle! This show is for you; whether you're building your first AR or you’ve been building ARs for years. There is something we can all do to take our black rifle to the next level. Brownells helps make this show possible.
Don’t forget that Brownells, with their 100% lifetime satisfaction guarantee, is there for you anytime you have a problem, like when you can’t remove the taper pins from your new barrel to slip off the front sight base and you now have to find a new barrel.
Brownells Edge Program
FREE Standard Shipping On ALL Orders
Discounts On 2-Day & Overnight Shipping
FREE Return Shipping
Special Members-Only Offers & Discounts
Main Topic:What to build when the Taxman Giveth. Average Tax Refund has been $2,800 for the last few years.
- Reed’s Tax Refund Special:
Mega Arms MTS Upper Receiver $669.00
Mega Arms Lower Receiver $237.00
B.A.D. Ambi Selector $60.00
Geissele Super 3 Gun Trigger $250.00
Magpul UBR Collapsible Stock $265.00
JP Silent Captured Spring $139.95
Vortex Strike Eagle 1-6x24 $330.00
Magpul MBUS Gen 2 $89.99
Muzzle Device $??
- J.W.’s build
-Vortex Strike Eagle 1-6x24 - $330
-NEA Compact Stock - $330
-Geissele SD-3G Trigger - $260
-Parts kit - $30
-Grip of choice - $35
-Muzzle device of choice - $100
or -Christiansen Arms Barrel (ridiculous) - $500
- ARAK-21 XRS Rifle (FDE, stainless barrel 20in) $2108.98
- Vortex Strike Eagle 1-6x24 $330
- Scope rings, misc/ammo $????
March 23: Chad Goeden
The fine folks at Otis Technology have sent over a mountain of rifle maintenance tools and cleaning kits for the AR-15 and AR-10. We’ve been tasked with giving them away. Watch for the special posts on Facebook and Instagram to get a chance to win some of the awesome products made by Otis Technology. We’ll give away a complete MSR Cleaning kit in either 5.56 or 7.62 in the middle of each month up until Christmas, when we’ll give away a complete Otis Technology Elite Cleaning System to one lucky listener. During the alternating weeks, we’ll be giving away a host of Otis tools and cleaning supplies.
Shawn, from MO: When I started building my first AR-15 I listened to all your podcast while at work. It really help me narrow down what I was truly looking for out of rifle I was building. After my rifle was completed I continue to listen about the new products and general vibe of the ar15 community. Thanks and keep up good work.
Jeremy: Great podcast! I’m an avid outdoorsman and use my AR chambered in .223/5.56 to coyote and boar hunt. I've lately been interested in getting a 7.62 upper. What would be the best twist barrel for 7.62x39? Also are there any company's that make parts for 7.62x54? Thanks and keep the podcasts coming! Chris S: Just listened to episode 117 with 3 gun nation. Great interview. I have a job where I drive a lot and love listening to your podcast. I also follow you on Instagram. Keep it up guys, love the 3 gun interviews. I really would love to get a comp started in east Texas.
Dylan C: I began listening to the AR15 Podcast in the Spring of 2013. I was new to the AR platform at the time, and listening to this show brought me up to speed fast. The hosts deliver a show that is packed with need to know information, and they manage to do it on an even keel. Not too basic, not too stuffy, and never elitist.
When it comes to the AR, there are three things that I look forward to. The UPS truck, a new issue of Recoil, and a new episode of this podcast. If you're interested in the platform, and especially if you're thinking of building your own rifle, or 3, this is the show for you.
@first_ar15_build: got that upper looking 3D in this pic! Go ahead and try and charge it! Lol!!
- Send us any questions or comments to firstname.lastname@example.org
- You can also send us a recorded voicemail by using the Speak Pipe Plugin on the right hand side of the AR-15 Podcast website
- Subscribe and listen to the AR-15 Podcast for free in iTunes or on Stitcher and leave us a review so the show can place higher in the searches for potential listeners
- Share your pics with us on Instagram at @ar15podcast and tag your pictures with #ar15podcast
- Follow us on G+ to watch us LIVE at https://plus.google.com/+AR15podcast
- Check out our YouTube page at https://www.youtube.com/c/ar15podcast
- Follow us on Facebook com/ar15podcast
- Check out the other great podcasts on the Firearms Radio Network
- Don’t forget to use our Brownells Affiliate link for all your AR-15 parts (ar15podcast.com/parts)
- And use the Amazon affiliate links on the tv and ar15podcast.com websites or goto firearmsradio.tv/amazon