Welcome to Episode #106 of the AR15 Podcast. I’m your host Reed Snyder and with me today is my co-Host Anthony Hardy. This is the podcast about your favorite black rifle! This show is for you; whether you're building your first AR or you’ve been building ARs for years. There is something we can all do to take our black rifle to the next level. Brownells helps make this show possible.
Don’t forget that Brownells, with their 100% lifetime satisfaction guarantee, is there for you anytime you have a problem, like when you can’t remove the taper pins from your new barrel to slip off the front sight base and you now have to find a new barrel.
AR-15 Product Review:
J.W. Ramp reviews the Magnetospeed V3 Ballistic Chronograph
Main Topic: Interview with Jesse Tischauser
About Jesse: I grew up in Wisconsin and currently live in Oklahoma.
My father was a Vietnam vet and an avid hunter and gun collector and even held an FFL. He got me into hunting and shooting when I was probably 9 or 10 years old.
I am a former Staff Sergeant in the US Army National Guard.
I started competitive shooting in 2009 in USPSA. I transitioned to 3-gun later that year when I figured out 3 guns had to be better then 1.
I shoot on the 3-Gun Nation Pro Series which airs weekly on The Sportsman's Channel and Pursuit Channel.
3Gun Nation Profile (ranked #29 currently): I shot my way into the Top 20 at my first major match. Less than two years later I placed in the Top 5 at my first USPSA Multi Gun Nationals. Then in 2012 I won several major matches and the coveted 3 Gun Nation Heavy Optics National Title.
I discovered 3 Gun while searching for shooting videos on the internet. Wishing I had found 3 Gun years earlier I decided I needed to create an outlet to help other shooters find this great sport. My forum BoomerShooter, and my YouTube Channel, have allowed me to do just that.
Team Stag Arms
- $5,000 Winner 3 Gun Nation Event #1 6th Stage Finale
- 2nd Tactical Optics Division - Generation III Gun Championship
- 3rd Overall – Walking Dead Midnight Multi Gun Championship
- 3rd Tactical Optics Division - ProAm 3-Gun Championship
- 3rd Tactical Optics Division - Arkansas State Multi-Gun Championship
- 10th Place 3-Gun Nation Pro Series Event #1
- 5thcom New Dawn Charity 3-Gun Championship
- 3rd Tactical Optics Division - 3-Gun Nation West Regional
- 10th Crimson Trace Midnight Invitation 3-Gun Championship
- 3rd Tactical Division - Nordic Components Tactical Shotgun Championship
The AR-15 Giveaway Winner:
Jared T: Hey guys! been listening since Oct. and I'm a lifer now. I love the Firearms Radio Network and your show is my favorite. I just got done building my first black rifle and had a few noob questions. Is there anything to the break in of new rifles and barrels? I keep finding mixed information on this. Do you guys break in your new rifles? if so how do you like to do that.
Also during the building process I tried to keep all the small parts together on a magnetized tray. Now is seems some of my small parts are magnetized and sticking to the metal. The part I'm most worried about is the firing pin. I can pick up small parts with it like it was a magnetized screw driver. A red flag went up in my head and felt I needed to ask somebody if this is a big deal.
John S: The 300BLK is ALMOST complete! Waiting for the Seekins Precision 9" rail to come back from cerakote - Magpul OD Green to match the upper/lower and buffer tube.
Craig B: You guys are invited to www.msrhunt.com. You can start a thread about you podcast or whatever.
Jeremy H: A Hardin County, Texas woman was shot in the shoulder on Christmas night when her husband was handing her his AR-15...He claims the sling caused the accidental discharge, but I'm wondering why the safety wasn't being used since there was a round in the chamber…
JD W: Hello, Like the podcast and I am black rifle fiend. I roll my own ARs and instructor for my agency. I like when you guys get in the weeds and always feel like I have stuff to say and yell at the speaker sometimes. Good podcast.
Ben W: You guys should do a show on the different buffer weights for AR15 carbines, and explain when someone should go to a heavier buffer than the standard "carbine" buffer, eg H1, H2, etc. Should the average builder stick with the carbine buffer that comes in most parts kits unless they have a problem with reliability? What role do stiffer buffer tube springs have in this decision? Thanks!
Joe M: Guys, Please do not make fun of me, but my 8 year old and I have discovered that daddy's unused AR-15 picatinny rail mounted accessories will work on most of my son's Nerf guns. My son has his eye on a $19 Refurbished Tasco Red Dot 1 x 30mm Rifle Scope 5 MOA Dot Reticle sold at Wal-Mart for his new Christmas present, a Nerf Rhino blaster. I thought your readers would get a kick out of this discovery (see pictures below of the red dot scope and it's intended destination).
#1 Fan, Love the podcast!
Richard S: Quick question, I keep hearing you joke around about your issues involving removing the taper pins from a barrel you were trying to remove the front sight post from. My question is:
Why didn't you just use a dremel tool with a cut off wheel to cut through the bottom of the forged aluminum front sight base directly over the taper pins? One cut into the sight base until you hit the hardened pins, then lay the barrel on the bench and whack it with a chisel in each slot you cut and you will relieve any holding pressure the sight base has on the pins and they should come out easy. If not keep cutting the very soft aluminum sight base until it falls off exposing the pins. Or am I missing something?
Love the show guys, Merry Christmas!
- Send us any questions or comments to email@example.com
- You can also send us a recorded voicemail by using the Speak Pipe Plugin on the right hand side of the AR15Podcast website
- Subscribe and listen to the AR-15 Podcast for free in iTunes or on Stitcher and leave us a review so the show can place higher in the searches for potential listeners
- Share your pics with us on Flickr at http://www.flickr.com/groups/blackrifle/ or follow us on Instagram at com/ar15podcast and tag your pictures with #ar15podcast
- Follow us on G+ to watch us LIVE at https://plus.google.com/+Ar15podcast
- Check out our YouTube page at https://www.youtube.com/c/ar15podcast
- Follow us on Facebook com/ar15podcast
- Check out the other great podcasts on the Firearms Radio Network
- Don’t forget to use our Brownells Affiliate link for all your AR-15 parts (ar15podcast.com/parts)
- And use the Amazon affiliate link on the Firearmsradio.tv and ar15podcast.com websites or goto tv/amazon