Welcome to Episode #070 of the AR15 Podcast. I'm your host Reed Snyder and with me today are my co-hosts Anthony Hardy and J.W. Ramp. This is the podcast about your favorite black rifle! This show is for you; whether you're building your first AR or you've been building ARs for years. There is something we can all do to take our black rifle to the next level.
We are looking for volunteers able to do Video Editing for the AR-15 Podcast
Brownells helps make this show possible.
Don’t forget that Brownells is there for you anytime you make a mistake, like when Jake shoots a take-down pin detent across his avocado green linoleum flooring and it skids under the cabinets.
Brownells Item of the Week: Badger Ordnance Tactical Latch
Shop for AR-15 accessories at Brownells. Go to: ar15podcast.com/parts
Amazon affiliate link: http://www.ar15podcast.com/amazon
Tip of the Week:
Let your moments of difficulty and frustration in operating and running your rifle to guide your search for useful add ons.
Main Topic: Useful AR-15 Accessories
Making operation faster/easier/more reliable (pick two) with parts that are not replacements/upgrades or differ in function enough to make the cut.
- Magpul Battery Assist Device (BAD)
- Magpul Ranger Plate
- Phase 5 Tactical Extended Bolt Release
- LULA (Loader and UnLoader Accessory)
- Tactical Latch
- Offset Iron Sights (typically 3-GUN specific)
- Noveske Barricade
- Sling adapters (ASAP, RSA, Mount in Slot)
- KNS Anti Roll Pins
- YHM Take Down Pins
- Tactical Supply Depot Take Down Pins
- KNS Receiver Pin (Push Button)
- Brownell’s Brass Catcher
- Ambidextrous Magazine Release: Troy Industries
- Ambidextrous Magazine Release: Norgon
**Remember to Locktite as necessary
Ian K: I like to congratulate you on another great podcast!
Optics pt.1 and 2 were amazing!
I really felt like I got drunk with a bunch of my buddies and argued, and swore and had a great time, and got to really get some in depth perspective from guys that really use the tools. Every time It felt like the show was ending, you’d go on for twenty more minutes, just great!
Please more show like that, for those of us who love the combat aspects of the AR platform, this episode was absolutely invaluable.
Is it possible to email any of the guys, I love the ACOG, and have some reticle questions.
Again, great job, love the show, and I’m so glad I discovered the podcast.
Rob: Hi, Very interesting to read in the Apr 2014 AR- American Rifleman a fairly positive review of the cheap BSA red dot. ($72. Amazon).
I had looked at these as a cheap 10/22 red dot or a cheap 1st AR build Red Dot. Told they were just for air-soft.
So guess they're not just for airsoft guns as soooooooooooooooooooooooo many experts have told me.
Hey, And I love the name....BSA Birmingham Small Arms.
Ian K: Reed and Co.,
I’ve finally caught up with all the episodes,
love the show, love the guests and love your commitment to the platform! Great job so far.
What I don’t love is that even after going through all the shows, you have barely mentioned Noveske Rifleworks!
John Noveske got his reputation not making accessories but highly accurate AR barrels! Now they produce a highly refined product with an excellent reputation.
You guys spent ten minutes discussing how great the Key-mod system is and never mentioned Noveske co-developed the open source design with Vltor.
I knew that when I got to ep. 50, High End AR15s that would all change. Nope, only a brief aside, that’s it.
Is there some industry bias?
Anyway, not to unload on you, otherwise keep up the good work.
Did I miss the CHROMED AR? As in shiny pistol.
Have you done a show or discussed ALL Polymer ARs? Poly Uppers & Lowers.
Have you covered angled vs. rail mounted back up sights?
Have you covered the AR .410 upper? It works sounds like a blast as a plinker!! Maybe cheaper to shoot, kid perfect, & less worry about what's downrange?
PS, Hey GUYS don't you know any AR-15 GALS as co-hosts? NOW is gonna be after Y'all!! LOL
- Send any questions or comments to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Send us a recorded voicemail by using the Speak Pipe Plugin on the right hand side of the ar15podcast website
- Follow FRN on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/Firearmsradio
- Follow G+ to watch us LIVE at http://www.firearmsradio.tv/plus
- Check out our YouTube page at https://www.youtube.com/FirearmsRadio
- Share your pics with us on Flickr at http://www.flickr.com/groups/blackrifle/
- Don’t forget to check out other podcast on the Firearms Radio Network
- Subscribe and listen to the podcasts for free at firearmsradio.tv/itunes
- Be sure to leave an iTunes review so iTunes knows to place the show higher in listener searches
- Don’t forget to use our Brownells Affiliate link for all your AR-15 parts http://www.ar15podcast.com/parts
- Amazon affiliate link: http://www.ar15podcast.com/amazon