Reed talks with our special guest, Marty Daniel, President of Daniel Defense.
Welcome to Episode #069 of the AR15 Podcast. I’m your host Reed Snyder and with me today is my co-host J.W. Ramp. This is the podcast about your favorite black rifle! This show is for you; whether you're building your first AR or you’ve been building ARs for years. There is something we can all do to take our black rifle to the next level.
Brownells helps make this show possible.
Don’t forget that Brownells is there for you anytime you make a mistake, like when Jake shoots a take down pin detent across his avacado green linoleum flooring and it skids under the cabinets.
Brownells Item of the Week: Daniel Defense Lite Rail (almost 15% off right now)
Shop for AR-15 parts at Brownells. Go to: ar15podcast.com/parts
Amazon affiliate link: http://www.ar15podcast.com/amazon
Tip of the Week:
No tips this week, but we are looking for volunteers able to do Video Editing for the AR-15 Podcast.
Main Topic: Daniel Defense
CHRIS M. Reed, just saw my first pistol AR15 in the flesh this weekend. Really kinda liked it. When do you think you can do a show on them?
Interested in a discussion about:
1. barrel length options
2. are there different length buffer tubes available
3. would you make any different selection for trigger control parts/bolt and bolt carrier/grip?
4. any concern over the charging handle selection since the gas system is likely vigorous and your face may be closer to the receiver if you use the buffer tube as a shortened stock.
Plus any other topics you and your co-host can discover.
CIPHOTO: Hi Reed and guest hosts,
Since you have a "stamp collector" as a rotating guest in the AR15 podcast I thought I would send in a question about suppressors.
I'd like to get a suppressor for my several AR15 5.56 rifles and also be able to use the suppressor on my .30 caliber rifles. Obviously this means that I need to get a 7.62mm compatible can. I love the idea of quickly moving the suppressor between rifles using quick disconnect but I see a few downsides with the quick disconnect option:
1) I don't like what I read about quick disconnects and their effect on accuracy between suppressor removal and reinstall; maybe I could get away with the slight zero changes for the AR15's but not for the bolt action .30 cal precision rifles.
2) The quick disconnects are expensive. I'd have to come up with another $400-$600 for quick disconnects for all my rifles and I'm stuck with this quick disconnect for all future rifles. I want something that the market is going to latch onto so I don't have an antiquated and obsolete QD system in 2 years.
Here are my questions:
1) I hear the Trifecta MAAD mount allows for all options: quick disconnect, threaded, compatible with other QD mounts (i.e. AAC). Do you guys think this is where the industry is going?
2) What are your thoughts on the Saker 7.62 compared to the other suppressors which require quick disconnect?
3) Should I just get the Saker 5.56 with QD and choose a separate threaded 7.62 supressor for all my .30 caliber precision work? http://www.silencerco.com/saker
ROB: Sounds to good to be good?
mgi marck hydra AR-15 review plz
MICHAEL D: I am somewhat stalled out on an AR build. My wife wanted something different. Well, this is different. She wants it in .204 Ruger! Check! Smooth side receiver! Check! Wood stock set! Check! Heavy stainless barrel! Check! Gas piston system! Oh, $#!*. I have been completely unable to find a piston kit that fits the heavy bull barrel. The closest seems to be one from Osprey Defense. The Brownells website claims that it is good for a .875" barrel, but the Osprey website claims that it can handle 1" barrels. Sadly, I have not been able to get a reply from Osprey when I emailed them about it. Do you happen to have any ideas? I would hate to disappoint my wife..... Already have the following:
Smith & Wesson lower receiver.
DPMS smooth side upper receiver. http://www.midwayusa.com/product/138383/dpms-upper-receiver-stripped-ar-15-low-profile-flat-top-matte
Lucid stock set (Laminate Rifle, Camo) http://www.brownells.com/rifle-parts/stock-forend-parts/furniture-sets/ar-15-m16-wood-stock-sets-prod38906.aspx
- Send any questions or comments to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Send us a recorded voicemail by using the Speak Pipe Plugin on the right hand side of the ar15podcast website
- Follow FRN on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/Firearmsradio
- Follow G+ to watch us LIVE at http://www.firearmsradio.tv/plus
- Check out our YouTube page at https://www.youtube.com/FirearmsRadio
- Share your pics with us on Flickr at http://www.flickr.com/groups/blackrifle/
- Don’t forget to check out other podcast on the Firearms Radio Network
- Subscribe and listen to the podcasts for free at firearmsradio.tv/itunes
- Be sure to leave an iTunes review so iTunes knows to place the show higher in listener searches
- Don’t forget to use our Brownells Affiliate link for all your AR-15 parts http://www.ar15podcast.com/partsAmazon affiliate link: http://www.ar15podcast.com/amazon