Reed and Anthony discuss .300 Blackout
Welcome to Episode #065 of the AR15 Podcast. I’m your host Reed Snyder and with me today is my co-Host Anthony Hardy. This is the podcast about your favorite black rifle! This show is for you; whether you're building your first AR or you’ve been building ARs for years. There is something we can all do to take our black rifle to the next level.
Brownells helps make this show possible.
They are there for you anytime you make a mistake, like when Jake shoots a spring across the room into his lime green shag carpet.
Brownells Item of the Week: Nemo 300AAC Blackout Nitride Barrel
Shop for AR-15 parts at Brownells. Go to: ar15podcast.com/parts
Tip of the Week:
Putting a new barrel on a rifle
Development of the .300 AAC Blackout:
Attraction to the .30 cal round:
- Heavier hitting bullet
- .300 AAC Blackout mirrors 7.62x39mm performance
- Readily achieves subsonic performance
- Better close quarters performance over 5.56mm
- Fits and feeds in AR Mags
- Barrel is only part that needs to be modified
- .30 cal suppressors can be utilized across all smaller calibers
- reloading components are readily available
Modification of Existing Rifles:
- Barrel Switch
- Upper Switch
- Head to Head Video Comparison
- 6 Reasons to Reload the .300 AAC Blackout
- Ammunition Review: .300 AAC Blackout
- American Rifleman Article on .300 BLK
- Hickok45 Review of .300 BLK
Mike: Thanks again for the great podcast. It is always nice hearing your comments about items when listeners write in. I appreciated your answers to my rather long email from the suppressor show. Great advise. Two quick items - the accuwedge - this may be the best thing I've never heard of.
I was running my 300 Blackout upper on my lower, and noticed it wasn't as tight as I would like. Quick web search, and order and this arrived. What looks like a great and inexpensive accessory to any AR.
Also - a question to J.R. - SBR's they will soon be legal in my home State, Washington. I'm assuming that if I have an SBR - I can have multiple uppers with short barrels, and one registered lower receiver - a 5.56 upper with a 10 inch barrel, and a 7 inch ACC barrel in 300 blackout for example, but only one lower registered SBR?
- Yes, I realize this is not legal advise, but what is your opinion and experience.
Jim G: Reed and JW, I discovered the AR-15 Podcast several months ago. I have found your show content very informative. I learn something new on every show. Like this week, I learned more about bolt carriers. I had seen advertisements and videos about the difference between AR-15 and M-16 bolt carriers, and how to identify them. I never understood why the AR-15 bolt carriers had less material in them until your explanation that the government forced the manufacturers to make them that way to help keep people from converting the guns to full auto. Thank you for the explanation. It is that kind of content that keeps the shows interesting for me.
JW, I am from Pittsburgh, and think it is great that someone from my area is helping out with the show. I want to take some training, and would like a recommendation from you as to a good place in the Pittsburgh area to go. I want someplace with quality instructors and a range of classes in pistol and rifle. I bought my first AR in the fall and think training is important to the safe use of the gun.
AR slings show.....How's it hangin. Great idea! Piston vs DI show plz. Another noob show 1st AR build plz. Maybe I missed are Jakes vid up? 1:7 spin. OK I know what it means. But what does it mean? Hands on theory plz.
Silencers. If covered again discuss sub-sonic etc. Would like to hear 5.45X39 ARs. Poll on who listens & their interests?
Sorry if you've covered and I've missed!
Love the show!! You got me to finally get off my okole and start a build!!!
- Send any questions or comments to email@example.com
- Send us a recorded voicemail by using the Speak Pipe Plugin on the right hand side of the ar15podcast website
- Follow FRN on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/Firearmsradio
- Follow G+ to watch us LIVE at http://www.firearmsradio.tv/plus
- Don’t forget to check out the podcast on the Firearms Radio Network
- Subscribe and listen to the podcasts for free at firearmsradio.tv/itunes
- Be sure to leave an itunes review so iTunes knows to place the show higher in listener searches
- Don’t forget to use our Brownells Affiliate link for all your AR-15 parts http://www.ar15podcast.com/parts