Welcome to Episode #145 of the AR15 Podcast. On this episode we’re talking about the Tavor and comparing it to the AR-15.We want to let you know that we are continuing registration for our giveaway for the Vortex Spitfire 3X Prism Scope. We are asking you, our listeners and fans to nominate a Veteran to receive the Vortex Spitfire. You can go to the link Click Here to Enter. We will also have a link on our Facebook Page for you to use. We’ll be doing the drawing on Veteran’s Day (Nov 11).
We want to let you know that we are beginning registration for our giveaway for the Vortex Spitfire 1X Prism Scope. We are asking you, our listeners and fans to nominate a First Responder to receive the Vortex Spitfire 1x Scope. You can go to the link Click Here to Enter. We will also have a link on our Facebook Page for you to use. We’ll be doing the drawing on Thanksgiving Day (Nov 26).
We want to let you know about a great source for T-shirts and Patches! If you go to http://patriotpatch.co/ you can line up to pre-order the new “In God We Trust” patch and buy more FRN stickers, Patches and TSHIRTS!
Main Topic: The Tavor
- Developed by IMI ( Now IWI ) Tavor development team in 1994
- IDF Israel Defense Force joined the development process in 1995
- Testing by IDF began in 1997. Field testing began in 2000.
- From IWI “ These are some of the hardcore tests that no laboratory test can compare to: long weeks in extreme conditions, rugged terrain such as boulders and desert, dropping, human factors etc. “
- Tested from 1997 to 2006.
- The first Tavors were delivered to IDF infantry in 2006
- The Tavor will completely replace the M4/M16 by 2018
- Bull pup configuration.
- 100% Ambidextrous $449.99
- Can be safely fired after being submerged in water and not completely dry
- Cold hammer-forged barrel
- Long stroke gas piston operation for reliability.
- 100% interchangeability of all TAVOR parts
- Drop in trigger group…. “ Upgrade”
- Optional 9mm conversion kit
- SAR-IDF IDF16 - Select Fire version of what is issued to IDF ( With MEPRO 21 Day/Night Illuminated reflex sight )
- The rest of the SAR line offers options of 16.5 or 18 inch barrel. Also available in California Compliant.
- X95 Micro-Tavor - SBR version for Israeli special forces. US version rumored in the future.
- 9mm conversion kit - $900ish
- Upgraded triggers.. Timney Trigger, Geissele and ect. - Recommended
- Rat Worx ZRX 9mm Tavor Suppressor 400 ( but need the 9mm conversion )
- Price…. $1700-$2400
- Cost of accessories
- 500 pound trigger
- IWI says 550 yard range… 350 is more realistic
- Tavor Face. Gas blow back. Much more noticeable when running suppressed.
- Home Defense Gun
- 3 Gun?
- Range Toy?
September 27: Seth Mullins
October 4: Robert Hollandsworth
October 11: Casey Fowler
October 18: Dean Ackles
The fine folks at Otis Technology have sent over a mountain of rifle maintenance tools and cleaning kits for the AR-15 and AR-10. We’ve been tasked with giving them away. Watch for the special posts on Facebook and Instagram to get a chance to win some of the awesome products made by Otis Technology. We’ll give away a complete MSR Cleaning kit in either 5.56 or 7.62 in the middle of each month up until Christmas, when we’ll give away a complete Otis Technology Elite Cleaning System to one lucky listener. During the alternating weeks, we’ll be giving away a host of Otis tools and cleaning supplies.
Gordon G. I recently found your podcast on FB. I asked a couple of questions there, I asked about a angled front grip and a VFG. I finally have been able to get to the range with the VFG,and decided I liked it more. I'm still pulling to the left after the shot is fired, I shoot left handed, I've done a little more research, there's a guy on YT that did a test on about 30 different compensators. I'm wondering now if I need to get a better comp on my AR to help with the recoil control. And what is a good one to get. His test showed that a Precision Armament M4-72 was the best he had to test.
Thank you for your time,
Will: Hi I'm joining Brownell and it ask where I've heard if them and it ask for a source code so they know it came from your reference do you have these things.
- Send us any questions or comments to firstname.lastname@example.org
- You can also send us a recorded voicemail by using the Speak Pipe Plugin on the right hand side of the AR-15 Podcast website
- Subscribe and listen to the AR-15 Podcast for free in iTunes or on Stitcher and leave us a review so the show can place higher in the searches for potential listeners
- Share your pics with us on Instagram at @ar15podcastand tag your pictures with #ar15podcast
- Check us out over on Periscope @ar15podcast for quick LIVE videos from cool events or casual conversation about ARs
- Follow us on G+ to watch us LIVE at https://plus.google.com/+AR15podcast
- Check out our YouTube page at https://www.youtube.com/c/ar15podcast
- Follow us on Facebook facebook.com/ar15podcast
- Check out the other great podcasts on the Firearms Radio Network
- Don’t forget to use our Brownells Affiliate link for all your AR-15 parts (www.ar15podcast.com/parts)
- And use the Amazon affiliate links on the Firearmsradio.tv and ar15podcast.com websites or goto firearmsradio.tv/amazon