Welcome to Episode #139 of the AR15 Podcast. Tonight I am going to talk about what goes into building an SBR.We want to let you know about a new source of cool products! Please go to http://patriotpatch.co/ to pre-order the Huckleberry patch and buy FRN stickers.
Also, the Firearms Radio Network will be at the 2015 BullPup Shoot in Mount Carroll, IL on September 19th. Go to bullpupshoot.com for more info.
- Thoughts about the NFA process
- My Build
- Suppressor Use
August 16: Jones Foxx Jr.
August 23: Don Hall
August 30: David Dickerson
September 6: David Hibler
The fine folks at Otis Technology have sent over a mountain of rifle maintenance tools and cleaning kits for the AR-15 and AR-10. We’ve been tasked with giving them away. Watch for the special posts on Facebook and Instagram to get a chance to win some of the awesome products made by Otis Technology. We’ll give away a complete MSR Cleaning kit in either 5.56 or 7.62 in the middle of each month up until Christmas, when we’ll give away a complete Otis Technology Elite Cleaning System to one lucky listener. During the alternating weeks, we’ll be giving away a host of Otis tools and cleaning supplies.
Jason P: I hope this is where I submit feedback for the Ar15 podcast. I would like to hear a show on building a pistol caliber SBR with a direct impingement operation. Have not heard of such a thing? Think it is impossible? There is a guy in Florida building them. His name is Ron, he has a website at RMWxtreme.com. Thanks for reading. Hope this show idea works for you and happens. P.S.I do enjoy your program. But would like to hear some more technical information imparted during the program. Especially when talking building.Robert: Hi again Reed, I've been going through the back episodes, and in #025 (Trijicon) you mention a range near Ukiah, CA around a place called Cow Mountain. Do you still have the GPS coordinates? I'm desperate for a 400 yard range in Northern Kommyfornia! Also, you and Steve mention some form of "gun scrubber". Is that the one from Birchwood Casey? I need something to clean out my gas tube, since I'm have a gas problem. It may be the fact that I'm using Norma .223 ammo in my Colt M4 Match Target rifle (with a rifle length gas system). Thanks again,
Casey F: I'm building my first ar and I want to shoot both .223 & 5.56 ammo. I'm going to use a .223 Wylde barrel for this. My question is I have a complete bolt carrier group in 5.56 will this also shoot the .223 or do I have to get a bolt chambered in .223. Any thoughts you have would help me out. Just learned about the podcast and I enjoy it. Many thanks.
- Send us any questions or comments to email@example.com
- You can also send us a recorded voicemail by using the Speak Pipe Plugin on the right hand side of the AR-15 Podcast website
- Subscribe and listen to the AR-15 Podcast for free in iTunes or on Stitcher and leave us a review so the show can place higher in the searches for potential listeners
- Share your pics with us on Instagram at @ar15podcastand tag your pictures with #ar15podcast
- Check us out over on Periscope @ar15podcast for quick LIVE videos from cool events or casual conversation about ARs
- Follow us on G+ to watch us LIVE at https://plus.google.com/+AR15podcast
- Check out our YouTube page at https://www.youtube.com/c/ar15podcast
- Follow us on Facebook facebook.com/ar15podcast
- Check out the other great podcasts on the Firearms Radio Network
- Don’t forget to use our Brownells Affiliate link for all your AR-15 parts (www.ar15podcast.com/parts)
- And use the Amazon affiliate links on the Firearmsradio.tv and ar15podcast.com websites or goto firearmsradio.tv/amazon