Welcome to Episode #120 of the AR15 Podcast. I’m your host J.W. Ramp and this is the podcast about your favorite black rifle! This show is for you; whether you're building your first AR or you’ve been building ARs for years. There is something we can all do to take our black rifle to the next level. Brownells helps make this show possible.
Don’t forget that Brownells, with their 100% lifetime satisfaction guarantee, is there for you anytime you have a problem, like when you can’t remove the taper pins from your new barrel to slip off the front sight base and you now have to find a new barrel.
Brownells Edge Program
FREE Standard Shipping On ALL Orders
Discounts On 2-Day & Overnight Shipping
FREE Return Shipping
Special Members-Only Offers & Discounts
- Pistol Caliber AR
-How do we define this category
-How do they differ
- Why would a Pistol Caliber AR be a good thing?
-Match all your ammo, traditional calibers are plentiful
-Engagement distances are said to average 50 yds in urban environment
-Longer Sight Radius
-Available pistol powders seem plentiful by comparison.
-Reloading is less complicated
-Ammunition still available when rifle ammo is banned
-No long distance reach
-Changes to rifle are essentially permanent
-Conversion can be unreliable
-Aftermarket mags can be unreliable
-Dirty to shoot
- Cross compatibility issues:
-Direct blowback operation
-Bolt carrier group/bolllllt
- Rifle Manufacturers:
-Rock River Arms
-Lone Wolf Distributors
-Magazines Colt/Uzi/Metalform vs Glock Mags vs Other?
-Dedicated lower? Dedicated magwell lower
- Parts Manufacturers:
-Palmetto State Armory
March 23: Chad Goeden
March 30: Michael Sheldon
April 6: Nathan Sanders
The fine folks at Otis Technology have sent over a mountain of rifle maintenance tools and cleaning kits for the AR-15 and AR-10. We’ve been tasked with giving them away. Watch for the special posts on Facebook and Instagram to get a chance to win some of the awesome products made by Otis Technology. We’ll give away a complete MSR Cleaning kit in either 5.56 or 7.62 in the middle of each month up until Christmas, when we’ll give away a complete Otis Technology Elite Cleaning System to one lucky listener. During the alternating weeks, we’ll be giving away a host of Otis tools and cleaning supplies.
dan v: I'd like to search old episodes, but you don't have a search function on your website. Please consider adding one the next time you're tweaking your page. Thanks. [We do now]joelfrederick: I'm not sure if this is the best way to send feedback and a question. That said, thank you for this episode. I'd already discovered 80% Arms due to a comment you'd made and a friend that has nearly completed an 80% AR build.
I know you'd mentioned changes to ATF policy. From what I understand I can build an 80% AR but after I die, this creates issues for my son who would end up with any guns. If this is true, would a gun trust make this easier?
Ken: I recently discovered your podcast, and want to listen to all of them. I was able to down load to episode 90 using i-tunes. I was able to download to 64 using the webpage. I want to listen to episodes 63 to 1. I really wanted to listen to the range bag segment, and that is where it stopped. How do I get episodes 1 to 63?
PS I subscribed to your youtube channel and left a 5 star review on itunes
- Send us any questions or comments to email@example.com
- You can also send us a recorded voicemail by using the Speak Pipe Plugin on the right hand side of the AR-15 Podcast website
- Subscribe and listen to the AR-15 Podcast for free in iTunes or on Stitcher and leave us a review so the show can place higher in the searches for potential listeners
- Share your pics with us on Instagram at @ar15podcast and tag your pictures with #ar15podcast
- Follow us on G+ to watch us LIVE at https://plus.google.com/+AR15podcast
- Check out our YouTube page at https://www.youtube.com/c/ar15podcast
- Follow us on Facebook facebook.com/ar15podcast
- Check out the other great podcasts on the Firearms Radio Network
- Don’t forget to use our Brownells Affiliate link for all your AR-15 parts (www.ar15podcast.com/parts)
- And use the Amazon affiliate links on the Firearmsradio.tv and ar15podcast.com websites or goto firearmsradio.tv/amazon