Welcome to Episode #117 of the AR15 Podcast. I’m your host Reed Snyder and with me tonight are my co-hosts J.W. Ramp and Anthony Hardy. This is the podcast about your favorite black rifle! This show is for you; whether you're building your first AR or you’ve been building ARs for years. There is something we can all do to take our black rifle to the next level. Brownells helps make this show possible.
Don’t forget that Brownells, with their 100% lifetime satisfaction guarantee, is there for you anytime you have a problem, like when you can’t remove the taper pins from your new barrel to slip off the front sight base and you now have to find a new barrel.
Brownells Edge Program
FREE Standard Shipping On ALL Orders
Discounts On 2-Day & Overnight Shipping
FREE Return Shipping
Special Members-Only Offers & Discounts
- Genesis of 3GN
- Individual backgrounds
- How did it spread
- What is the current state
- Numbers, growth, stats
- Level of competition, innovation
- How do non-competitors view the ‘sport’?
- Media environment
- Shooter/judge integrity/honesty
- It’s the AR-15 Podcast, am I right?
- Do most shooters choose an AR-variant?
- Do the competition builds coming from manufacturers capture what a 3GN competitor needs?
- What does the future hold
- The current rules of the Pro Series
- Network television
- Internet (online shooter profiles, etc)
The fine folks at Otis Technology have sent over a mountain of rifle maintenance tools and cleaning kits for the AR-15 and AR-10. We’ve been tasked with giving them away. Like us on facebook or send us some feedback on Facebook to get a chance to win some of the awesome products made by Otis Technology. We’ll give away a complete MSR Cleaning kit in either 5.56 or 7.62 in the middle of each month up until Christmas, when we’ll give away a complete Otis Technology Elite Cleaning System to one lucky listener. During the alternating weeks, we’ll be giving away a host of Otis tools and cleaning supplies.
dylan.h.cave: SBR 12.5” with 11” CMR rail
gunwebsites: How many parts can you identify?
jscanter: Thanks for the info and encouragement, still need BCG, trigger (this week), and Griffin Armaments compensator.
wallygat0r: Read the review of the TangoDown Battlegrip over at the Firearms Insider.
Austin: Hey guys, wanted to say how much I appreciate your show and how it helps get me through my long work days. Also this week you interviewed the manufacturer of the ARAK and I was curious if they have or if you have any experience with gas piston ar's heating up much quicker than DI platforms? Can't wait to hear your response and thanks again for the show.
Phillip E: Hey y'all from the AR 15 Podcast this is Phillip E, I am new to this show but not the Firearms Radio Network, like all the others you have a great show keep up the awesome work! Ooh! Rah! Semper Fi
Al, from Wellington OH: Hi Reed. I too am a product of the 1980's prior service. I was in the Army from 83-85. Any way, I am partially thru the podcasts listening to all of them and I do love the show. In one of the episodes in the teens you were talking about bullet Yaw. What we were told was the 5.56 round tumbled end over end. What made the round so devastating was it would bounce around in the body. I am sure the subject has been beaten up in episodes I haven't gotten to yet. Thanks for the show.
- Send us any questions or comments to email@example.com
- You can also send us a recorded voicemail by using the Speak Pipe Plugin on the right hand side of the AR-15 Podcast website
- Subscribe and listen to the AR-15 Podcast for free in iTunes or on Stitcher and leave us a review so the show can place higher in the searches for potential listeners
- Share your pics with us on Instagram at @ar15podcast and tag your pictures with #ar15podcast
- Follow us on G+ to watch us LIVE at https://plus.google.com/+AR15podcast
- Check out our YouTube page at https://www.youtube.com/c/ar15podcast
- Follow us on Facebook com/ar15podcast
- Check out the other great podcasts on the Firearms Radio Network
- Don’t forget to use our Brownells Affiliate link for all your AR-15 parts (ar15podcast.com/parts)
- And use the Amazon affiliate links on the tv and ar15podcast.com websites or goto firearmsradio.tv/amazon