Welcome to Episode #104 of the AR15 Podcast. I’m your host Reed Snyder and with me today are my co-hosts J.W. Ramp and Anthony Hardy. This is the podcast about your favorite black rifle! This show is for you; whether you're building your first AR or you’ve been building ARs for years. There is something we can all do to take our black rifle to the next level.
Brownells helps make this show possible.
Don’t forget that Brownells, with their 100% lifetime satisfaction guarantee, is there for you anytime you have a problem, like when you can’t remove the taper pins from your new barrel to slip off the front sight base and you now have to find a new barrel.
Product of the Week:
JollyElf482: Reed, Anthony, and J.W., I listen to your show all the time. We don’t get good radio reception here at the Pole, so podcasts have become the only reliable way to get some entertainment here in the off season. I want to get your help on a build I want to complete before December. I end up travelling a lot for work during my busy season and find myself in parts of the world from time to time that give me reason to be concerned about my safety. I tend to travel with a lot of packages that could be considered quite valuable to some. Please give me some pointers on what I should include my in build that will help me protect my Sleigh (and its contents) and my Reindeer team. Have a great labor day weekend. Best to you all, Ho, Ho, Ho.
- Battle Arms Development Receiver Set
- Spikes Tactical LPK
- ALG ACT Trigger
- Law Tactical Folding Stock Adapter
- Ergo Grip
- MOE ® SL™ CARBINE STOCK – MIL-SPEC MODEL
- KNS Anti Roll Pins
- A.D. Pivot and Takedown Pin Set
- Magpul BAD Lever
- A.D. Ambi Safety Selector
- Lantac E-BCG
- FLAME Fluted AR-15 5.56 NATO Stainless 16'' Mid
- LaRue Tactical Low-profile Gas Block LT202
- Samson Keymod Evolution Series 11
- LANTAC Dragon Muzzle Brake DGN556B
- Custom Christmas Tree Eotech Reticle
- White Cerakote
- Red Anodized Parts
The AR-15 Giveaway Winner:
Erich LGun Log App Winners:
BrianM: You guys make me feel famous when you read my comments on air! Thanks a lot for the advice on the a2 front sight post. The main reason I'm thinking an fixed sight would be better is that I plan on using my .556 rifle for plinking and then putting a 300 blk upper on for hunting with a scope. No need for a scope if Reed can shoot to 500 yards without right? Does someone make a fixed rear iron sight? I'd like to keep it simple (and cheap) as possible for my range gun while slowing building a high quality rifle.
Anthony has been a real inspiration as well. I started listening right when he started on the podcast and I feel like I am keeping pace as far as acquisition of knowledge goes.
Keep up the good work!
Rob S: Love the show and look forward to it every week. I am new to the wonderful world of stamp collecting. Before i got involved in this great hobby i did a lot of research and now that i am involved take every opportunity to share the benefits with others. Last week i had a discussion with a potential enthusiast. The conversation was good until it got towards the end. He expressed a concern that once you start the process you get your name on a 'list' and become subject to surprise inspections of your collection at any time. I stated that i had never heard of this happening and was not concerned. Have you ever heard of this happening? Thanks for all of your hard work.
Mark L: Hey reed! I live in Las Vegas and am planning to go to shot show if I can figure out a way to finagle a pass and we definitely be interested in a meet and greet. Just wanted to pass that along! Also if you happen to know anyone with an extra pass I wouldn't mind taking it off your hands for ya! ;)
josh: Hello guys, I am a long time listener and first time Emailer. I listen on the zune and occasionally watch the podcast. I have attempted finding the time to leave feedback multiple times but working two full jobs and recently buying a business has kept my free time to a bare minimum. I have listened to most all of the episodes either while driving or riding my motorcycle. I try to scribble down questions while listening but tend to lose them between working and life in general. I have finally had some free time to write this during a flight while on vacation. So here go my questions. Reed to you write up trusts for stamp collecting or could you give me your personal opinion on the trust from silencershop.com? Is there any difference in sound suppression between muzzle brakes or flash hiders in the can? I will try to find my other scribbled notes but that's all I have for now. Keep up the good work and I look forward to hearing what you have to say in the future. If you are ever driving thru kansas and would like to stop and shoot at my private range you are more than welcome to give me a shout. Thanks and happy holidays
Gene C: Hi Guys! I am pleased to report that I have purchased my first AR15 - a Rock River Arms LAR-15 Operator2 Series rifle. I want to learn as much about the platform as I can so I am reading everything I can find and relistening to all your podcast episodes. Do you have any books (preferably e-books) that you can recommend to a total newbie like me? Also, what kind of training classes do you recommend? Keep up the great work! Thank you so much for all you do! Take care, Gene
- Send us any questions or comments to email@example.com
- You can also send us a recorded voicemail by using the Speak Pipe Plugin on the right hand side of the ar15podcast website
- Subscribe and listen to the AR-15 Podcast for free at tv/itunes
- Be sure to leave an iTunes or Stitcher review so our show can place higher in the searches of potential listeners and let us bring you better content
- Follow us on G+ to watch us LIVE at http://www.tv/plus
- Check out our YouTube page at https://www.youtube.com/FirearmsRadio
- Follow FRN on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/FirearmsRadio
- Follow AR-15 Podcast on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/ar15podcast
- Follow us on Instagram at @ar15podcast
- Check out our other podcasts on the Firearms Radio Network
- Don’t forget to use our Brownells Affiliate link for all your AR-15 parts http://www.ar15podcast.com/parts
- Don’t forget to use our Amazon affiliate link on the Firearmsradio.tv website or goto firearmsradio.tv/amazon