Welcome to Episode #094 of the AR15 Podcast. I’m your host Reed Snyder and with me today are my Co-hosts Anthony Hardy and J.W. Ramp. This is the podcast about your favorite black rifle! This show is for you; whether you're building your first AR or you’ve been building ARs for years. There is something we can all do to take our black rifle to the next level.
Joining us tonight is a special guest, J.W.’s good buddy Josh.
Brownells helps make this show possible.
Don’t forget that Brownells, with their 100% lifetime satisfaction guarantee, is there for you anytime you have a problem, like when you can’t remove the taper pins from your new barrel to slip off the front sight base and you now have to find a new barrel.
Product of the Week:
Main Topic: A Look at Reloading for Your MSR
- Reloading Basics:
- Case Prep
- Deburring the Flash hole
- Military Primer Pocket Crimps
- Case Length Trimming
- Choosing the Powder
- Compressed Loads
- Velocity in relation to chamber pressure
- Bullet Selection
- Jacket (FMJ, OTM, BTHP, etc…)
- Primer Selection
- Military Grade
- Does brand matter?
- Cartridge Assembly
- Press Setup
- Considerations specific to the MSR:
- Chamber: .223 vs 5.56
- Bullet weight as it relates to twist rate
- OAL and magazine fed rifles
- Load Development
- Published Load Data vs. Shared (unverified) Load Data
- Single Stage vs Progressive
Ole P.: Hey guys, Just listened to episode 86 about accurizing you AR I have been thinking about putting a 6.5 creedmoor upper together for use on my AR-10 for maybe some F class and other longer range shooting. My question is what your thoughts are on Christenson or proof research carbon fiber wrapped barrels since both companies claim better heat dissipation than steel barrels I like your opinions on them and if one is better than another and if they don't come with a fitted bolt can a guy get a bolt fitted later. Thanks guys.
iTunes Feedback from Seussism: Who needs giveaways? I listen because it is the one to inform myself.
- Send us any questions or comments to email@example.com
- You can also send us a recorded voicemail by using the Speak Pipe Plugin on the right hand side of the ar15podcast website
- Subscribe and listen to the AR-15 Podcast for free attv/itunes
- Be sure to leave an iTunes review so iTunes can place the show higher in the searches of potential listeners
- If you listen to us on the Stitcher app, be sure to leave us a review there.
- Share your pics with us on Flickr at http://www.flickr.com/groups/blackrifle/
- Follow us on G+ to watch us LIVE at http://www.tv/plus
- Check out our YouTube page at https://www.youtube.com/FirearmsRadio
- Follow FRN on Facebook http://www.com/Firearmsradio
- Check out our other podcast on the Firearms Radio Network
- Don’t forget to use our Brownells Affiliate link for all your AR-15 parts http://www.ar15podcast.com/parts
- Don’t forget to use our Amazon affiliate link on the Firearmsradio.tv website