Welcome to Episode #091 of the AR15 Podcast. I’m your host Reed Snyder and today I am flying solo. This is the podcast about your favorite black rifle! This show is for you; whether you're building your first AR or you’ve been building ARs for years. There is something we can all do to take our black rifle to the next level. Brownells helps make this show possible. Don’t forget that Brownells, with their 100% lifetime satisfaction guarantee, is there for you anytime you have a problem, like when you can’t remove the taper pins from your new barrel to slip off the front sight base and you now have to find a new barrel.
- Requirements developed by U.S. Army’s Delta Force
- HK collaborated with Larry Vickers in development
- HK416 Adopted by Delta Force in 2004
- JSOC fields HK416 in 2006
- Marine Corp adopts IAR variant in 2012
- Short Stroke gas piston system derived from that of the HK G36
- Modified and tool-less gas regulator for suppressor use
- G3 style front and rear sights with fold down front sight
- Upper receiver is interchangeable with non-HK lower receivers
- Completely ambidextrous controls
- Ergonomic pistol grip with storage compartment for field stripping tool
3. Claim to Fame - The rifle that killed Bin Laden
4. Civilian Variant - MR556A1
Features ○ Larger Bolt ○ Captured Pin replaces cotter pin ○ Firing Pin Block eliminates dimpled primers or slamfires ○ Safety can be engaged with hammer cocked or resting ○ Cold Hammer Forged barrel, not chrome lined ○ pivot pin lug and takedown pin lug are interchangeable with standard AR lowers Price - $3,000.00 and up The Downside (besides the price) ○ Heavy ○ Doesn’t like pmags ○ Potential for bolt failures due to tilt-bolt pressures Feedback:
Wes C: Where is cheapest place to get a AR-15 jig and build kit even a used one.
Rob L.: Hi Guys, Just came across the supposedly 50 state legal 5.56 ARES SCR America’s Sport Rifle. Have you covered it for the poor folks that reside in The Peoples Commie Semi-Republic of Kalifornia and other AR haten mis-states? ARES vs. Bullet-Button AR-15s or other 50 state legal ARs? How 'bout ARES vs. simple Ruger M-14? Sorry if you've already covered.
Sam P.: Hey again guys another great show in the books I had my fad/fetish days with my AR15S and am well over that now. I am definitely a more is less bare bones type of guy. I posted a pic on your flikr of my first ar15/zombie rifle please laugh at it ridiculousness. Thanks for your feedback on the grendel barrel. I ordered a 20\" lilja fluted so im at a resting point on this build and am working on second 300blk which will be an sbr. Thanks guys.
- Enter the AR-15 Podcast Rifle Giveaway sponsored by Brownells by going to www.ar15podcast.com/winner to join the FRN mailing list.
- You can also enter the Giveaway by leaving written feedback on iTunes and Stitcher
- Send us any questions or comments to firstname.lastname@example.org
- You can also send us a recorded voicemail by using the Speak Pipe Plugin on the right hand side of the ar15podcast website
- Subscribe and listen to the AR-15 Podcast for free at firearmsradio.tv/itunes
- Be sure to leave an iTunes review so iTunes can place the show higher in the searches of potential listeners
- If you listen to us on the Stitcher app, be sure to leave us a review there.
- Share your pics with us on Flickr at http://www.flickr.com/groups/blackrifle/
- Follow us on G+ to watch us LIVE at http://www.firearmsradio.tv/plus
- Check out our YouTube page at https://www.youtube.com/FirearmsRadio
- Follow FRN on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/Firearmsradio
- Check out our other podcast on the Firearms Radio Network
- Don’t forget to use our Brownells Affiliate link for all your AR-15 parts http://www.ar15podcast.com/parts
- Don’t forget to use our Amazon affiliate link on the Firearmsradio.tv website