Welcome to Episode #090 of the AR15 Podcast. I’m your host Reed Snyder and with me today are my co-hosts J.W. Ramp and Anthony Hardy. This is the podcast about your favorite black rifle! This show is for you; whether you're building your first AR or you’ve been building ARs for years. There is something we can all do to take our black rifle to the next level. Brownells helps make this show possible.
Don’t forget that Brownells, with their 100% lifetime satisfaction guarantee, is there for you anytime you have a problem, like when you can’t remove the taper pins from your new barrel to slip off the front sight base and you now have to find a new barrel.
Shoutout to Brian for the inspiration for tonight’s show.
Main Topic: Fads and Fetishes in the AR15 World
1. AR-15 Pistols sporting wrist stabilizers
- SB15 Pistol Stabilizing Brace
- CAA Stock Saddle - Pistol/Stock Substitute
2. Zombie inspired AR Gear and Events
- Zombie Green
- Zombie Shoots
3. Tacticoolest Accessories
- Opmod Battle Mug
- Picatinny Mounted Tactical Cupholder
- Tactical Stocking
- Muzzle devices with pointy bits
- Morale patches on everything
4. Custom ARs
- Copper Plated AR
- Spaceguns AR
- Steampunk AR
5. Race Guns
Arturo: Reed and J.W., You left out the ARAK-21 from Faxon Firearms. They offer both right side or left side ejecting complete AR uppers ... the receiver itself being only difference. The advantage of their piston design is that the same bolt and bolt carrier can be configured for either right or left, it's only a matter of how the bolt is installed into the carrier (which of course means you have to be careful you don't assembly the bolt to eject to the wrong side).
Seems you've gone off the reservation talking about non-AR rifles such as the SCAR and Tavor. You might as well have mentioned Kel-tec's RDB. Though not yet in production it's fully ambidextrous, very similar to the Tavor but with the advantage of being downward ejecting so no bolt mods needed. Perhaps you should rename the episode "The Left Handed MSR".
Sam P.: Hey Reed, JW, and Anthony... I have been listening to you show for a while now and I love it. I do lots of driving for my job and this show keeps me going. I just wish there was a new episode every day. Keep of the great work guys. I am currently building my first ground up AR-15. It is a dedicated Deer/Medium to large game rifle. The 6.5 Grendel is my caliber of choice for its amazing ballistics and if i choose to i could do some long range plinking at the range. Parts consists of PSA upper and lower, CMMG lower parts kit, Magpul MOE rifle stock, K2 pistol grip, Nordic components 15\" free float tube,burris p.e.p.r scope mount, and a vortex 3-12x56. I am on the hunt for a barrel and bolt and wanted your opinions. I am looking at a 20\" stainless bull barrel, of the ones available I am stuck between the JT Distributing barrel and the Lilja Barrel. The Lilja does not come with a bolt but their barrels are made to order whereas the JT barrels are pretty standard. Can you help me out with this dilemma. thank you I put a couple pictures of my build up on your flickr site.
Rob L: Suggestion...AR accessory review of the week along with tip of the week? Last show ARP 88......JW mentioned Primary Arm 1-6 scope. I'd like to hear a mini review. So maybe a mini review of a new to you guys or a gotta have AR accessory each week. I realize you guys probably already cover this in your normal AR discussion.
Part Deux II....Podcast quality. To me overall audio quality has gotten much better. Except once in a while it sounds like one of you is podcasting from their bathroom. BTW....I mainly listen on my ancient $19 SanDisk player.
Todd: Hello, My name is Todd - I went to shooting range with my nephew to shoot his Sig 556 and just fell in love with the AR 15 rifle. I got home and started working out how I could get myself a gun. I started watching YouTube videos on building your own and realized that I can do that. For the past two months I have purchased parts and have now completed the lower and most of the upper. Well needless to say I am interested in guns now so when searching for books on ar 15 I came across your podcast and have listened to almost all of them. Everyday I listen to your show to learn more about ar 15's.
Question. I have named my soon to be completed ar 15 tack driver "spider" as the upper and lower are spikes and the design is all over it. My nephew has named his gun Cujo. I believe that throughout the warrior societies it was common to of named your weapons. Do you guys have names for your guns?
Please enter me in the ar 15 give away as well as any other contest you guys may have going.
Calafax: Check out the Sig M400 lowers. Those have left hand mag release.
- Enter the AR-15 Podcast Rifle Giveaway sponsored by Brownells by going to www.ar15podcast.com/winner to join the FRN mailing list.
- You can also enter the Giveaway by leaving written feedback on iTunes and Stitcher
- Send us any questions or comments to firstname.lastname@example.org
- You can also send us a recorded voicemail by using the Speak Pipe Plugin on the right hand side of the ar15podcast website
- Subscribe and listen to the AR-15 Podcast for free at firearmsradio.tv/itunes
- Be sure to leave an iTunes review so iTunes can place the show higher in the searches of potential listeners
- If you listen to us on the Stitcher app, be sure to leave us a review there.
- Share your pics with us on Flickr at http://www.flickr.com/groups/blackrifle/
- Follow us on G+ to watch us LIVE at http://www.firearmsradio.tv/plus
- Check out our YouTube page at https://www.youtube.com/FirearmsRadio
- Follow FRN on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/Firearmsradio
- Check out our other podcast on the Firearms Radio Network
- Don’t forget to use our Brownells Affiliate link for all your AR-15 parts http://www.ar15podcast.com/parts
- Don’t forget to use our Amazon affiliate link on the Firearmsradio.tv website