Welcome to Episode #088 of the AR15 Podcast. I’m your host Reed Snyder and with me today are both co-hosts, J.W. Ramp and Anthony Hardy. This is the podcast about your favorite black rifle! This show is for you; whether you're building your first AR or you’ve been building ARs for years. There is something we can all do to take our black rifle to the next level. Brownells helps make this show possible.
Don’t forget that Brownells, with their 100% lifetime satisfaction guarantee, is there for you anytime you have a problem, like when you can’t remove the taper pins from your new barrel to slip off the front sight base and you now have to find a new barrel.
Lining up your FSB/Gas Block
Main Topic: Zeroing the MSR
1. Basic Terminology
- Point of Aim
- Point of Impact
2. Iron Sights
- Three Shot Groups
- Adjust for Effect
- 100 yards plus
- Modern Scopes allowing for closer ranges
- Important Considerations
- Check Your Mounts
- Set Up Multiple Targets
- Know the impact of your adjustments
4. Red Dot Sights/Holographic Sights
- Account for Engagement Distance
- Account for Elevation over Bore
- Adjust for Effect
- Quick Shots
- Shorter engagement distances
- Speed on Target
- Wider targeting tolerances
- Important Considerations
- Dot size
- Sight offset (2-2.5” above bore)
- Parallax not very pervasive
Andrew: We have decided to open our POWERFUL and PRIVATE website traffic system to the public for just a few days! You can sign up for our UP SCALE network with a free trial as we get started with the public's orders. Imagine how your bank account will look when your website gets the traffic it deserves. Visit us today.
Brent W: Reed, I just bought a fn15 from Bud's. I would like to swap the factory hand rail with a 12" carbon fiber quad rail. Any problems in my future with the a2 front sight of the gas block? Thanks
2k4ranger: Hello since you have been talking a lot about Appleseed a lot on the podcast i just wanted to leave my 2 cents on my Appleseed experience. Just so we're clear I'm a self taught shooter and mostly shoot bench rest and pistol.
I went to an Appleseed class in northern WI and was very disappointed, maybe I just had a bad instructor or I'm too stuck in my ways but I would personally not recommend the Appleseed project to anyone.I was extremely disappointed in the instruction, and found the techniques with the sling manipulation to be extremely unpractical in both hunting and range shooting, I wish I could have my 22lr back.
Anyways just my personal experience. Thanks for the excellent podcast. Always learn something new every time I listen.
Anthony F: Hi, I am a long time fan of the black rifle and was really excited when I found your podcast. I looked through the back catalog of podcasts and could not wait to start listening. I finished listening to the two latest episodes and liked the information they contained but I have found the audio quality makes it difficult to listen to. I tend to listen to podcasts when I am driving, exercising or reloading and it was frustrating to have to keep rewinding the audio stream to try and catch what I missed the first time. I use an Android phone with an app called Pocket Cast to stream the audio and either the bluetooth in my car or beats headphones to listen. I don't seem to have this problem with other audio feeds so I don't think it is my equipment. Is there any plans to upgrade the audio quality of the show or are there and audio streams that are better than others? Thank you.
Dave in New Mexico: Reed,I just finished listening to podcast #87 and what a struggle it was to understand you and JW. The audio quality was poor and you both sound like you were talking in a tin can. Your words sounded run together and very muddy, not clear and crisp. Can you borrow Jake’s microphone that, that he can’t afford, and use it?? Please go back and listen to see if you are not hearing what I am, if you aren’t and it sounds fine to you then disregard this e-mail I listen to yours and other Firearm Radio Network Podcasts on iTunes.
- Enter the AR-15 Podcast Rifle Giveaway sponsored by Brownells by going to www.ar15podcast.com/winner to join the FRN mailing list.
- You can also enter the Giveaway by leaving written feedback on iTunes and Stitcher
- Send us any questions or comments to firstname.lastname@example.org
- You can also send us a recorded voicemail by using the Speak Pipe Plugin on the right hand side of the ar15podcast website
- Subscribe and listen to the AR-15 Podcast for free at firearmsradio.tv/itunes
- Be sure to leave an iTunes review so iTunes can place the show higher in the searches of potential listeners
- If you listen to us on the Stitcher app, be sure to leave us a review there.
- Share your pics with us on Flickr at http://www.flickr.com/groups/blackrifle/
- Follow us on G+ to watch us LIVE at http://www.firearmsradio.tv/plus
- Check out our YouTube page at https://www.youtube.com/FirearmsRadio
- Follow FRN on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/Firearmsradio
- Check out our other podcast on the Firearms Radio Network
- Don’t forget to use our Brownells Affiliate link for all your AR-15 parts http://www.ar15podcast.com/parts
- Don’t forget to use our Amazon affiliate link on the Firearmsradio.tv website