Welcome to Episode #085 of the AR15 Podcast. I’m your host Reed Snyder and with me today are both my co-hosts, J.W. Ramp and Anthony Hardy. This is the podcast about your favorite black rifle! This show is for you; whether you're building your first AR or you’ve been building ARs for years. There is something we can all do to take our black rifle to the next level.
Brownells helps make this show possible.
Don’t forget that Brownells is there for you anytime you make a mistake, like when Jake shoots a takedown pin detent across his avacado green linoleum flooring and it skids under the cabinets.
Sometimes your plan just doesn’t come together. Be flexible.
The 5.45 x 39 Cartridge
- Russian Cartridge adopted in 1974
- Intended to give Soviets similar capabilities as the U.S.
- Significant tumbling noticed with the cartridge
- Import Restrictions may kill the cartridge as far as commercial use
- Ammo prices: http://www.gunbot.net/ammo/rifle/545x39/ ($0.20-0.25/rd)
- Will need a stronger hammer spring to ignite harder primers
- Strong possibility of inconsistency between lots
The AR Variants
Aurturo C:$220 for the "Hard Charger"? Are you kidding me?? For that much a far better solution, and probably less overall weight, is the Side Charging AR-15 Stripped Billet Upper Receiver from New Frontier Armory of Las Vegas, NV. It costs $225 which is actually a cheaper solution because it saves the cost of a standard charging handle which the Hard Charger still requires, and it works with a standard BCG (no mods required).
By the way, another way to solve the Takedown Pin Detent and Spring problem is with the Battle Arms Development Enhanced Pins Set (BAD-EPS).
dbui72:Hey guys, want to provide a mention for the Frontier Armory Side Charging Upper. I just bought one and it is great. Can use any bolt carrier and you can charge it without removing your eyes from a scope.
Darkstar72: Also want to throw a shout for the Rubber City Armory Low Mass Bolt with an adjustable gas key and the JP Enterprise recoil system, as pictured in the above picture. Those combination makes my AR build shoot super smooth. Shown above.
Darkstar72:Just finished my AR Build using the slim handguard design using the SLR Solo Lite. Great easy quick remove design. Very stable and light. -Only negative is that it is too small to fit a suppressor inside because of the slim design. http://slrrifleworks.com/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=71
- Enter the AR-15 Podcast Rifle Giveaway sponsored by Brownells by going to www.ar15podcast.com/winner to join the FRN mailing list.
- You can also enter the Giveaway by leaving written feedback on iTunes and Stitcher
- Send us any questions or comments to email@example.com
- You can also send us a recorded voicemail by using the Speak Pipe Plugin on the right hand side of the ar15podcast website
- Subscribe and listen to the AR-15 Podcast for free at firearmsradio.tv/itunes
- Be sure to leave an iTunes review so iTunes can place the show higher in the searches of potential listeners
- If you listen to us on the Stitcher app, be sure to leave us a review there.
- Share your pics with us on Flickr at http://www.flickr.com/groups/blackrifle/
- Follow us on G+ to watch us LIVE at http://www.firearmsradio.tv/plus
- Check out our YouTube page at https://www.youtube.com/FirearmsRadio
- Follow FRN on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/Firearmsradio
- Check out our other podcast on the Firearms Radio Network
- Don’t forget to use our Brownells Affiliate link for all your AR-15 parts http://www.ar15podcast.com/parts
- Don’t forget to use our Amazon affiliate link on the Firearmsradio.tv website