Welcome to Episode #080 of the AR15 Podcast. I’m your host Reed Snyder and with me today is my co-host, Anthony Hardy. This is the podcast about your favorite black rifle! This show is for you; whether you're building your first AR or you’ve been building ARs for years. There is something we can all do to take our black rifle to the next level.
Brownells helps make this show possible.
Don’t forget that Brownells is there for you anytime you make a mistake, like when Jake shoots a takedown pin detent across his avacado green linoleum flooring and it skids under the cabinets.
Shop for AR-15 parts at Brownells. Go to: ar15podcast.com/parts
Installing your collapsible stock
- Colt LE6920 - $932
- FN-15 - $955
- S&W M&P 15 Sport - $599
- Bushmaster M4 - $811
Prices are coming down
Not really seeing any flexibility in pricing, but we are seeing a lot of innovation
Ammo: Historical pricing trend
- Federal American Eagle .223 (1000 rds) @ $345.00 (.34)
- Tula .223 (1000 rds) @ $240.00 (.24)
- Federal Cartridge XM855CS, 5.56 NATO 62 GR, (2000 Rd/Case)
AR15 (MSRs) in the news:
Bans and work-arounds: New York
Background checks: FBI Report
Cody: One comment that I have to make. The upper receiver block that you have linked in your show notes does not work on Billet upper receivers. I bought the Midwest Industries Billet upper and it was too big and didn't allow the clam to shut. I had to go with a "take down style" upper receiver style. I like the Geissele Reaction Rod better though.
James: Reed, In episode 77 mike mentioned a 1-4 scope that he was recommending but I wasn't able to catch who the manufacturer was or where to buy it. Can you let me know who makes the scope please?
Mike: Hi Guys, You might have covered this in an episode I haven't heard yet: On a flat top AR, where should the front and rear sights be placed? I'm building an AR with a flat top receiver. It has the entire length, so I can put the sights at any point. I'd like to start off with sights so that I can get used to using them and save up for a better quality optic. I've searched the internet but haven't had much luck finding an answer. Hope you guys can help.
Tom J: Hey guys have a question about barrels linings, what is the advantages to a SBN (salt bath Nitride) and chrome lined barrel? Always look forward to the podcast every week if you have talked about this before please let me know I've slept since then. Keep up the good work.
Mark: Good afternoon gentlemen, I just found your podcast and it's now in my podcast rotation (I listen to over 15 different ones a week). I have not listened to many of your back episodes yet so please forgive me if you have already covered this. I am looking to build a 9mm conversion AR using an AR lower. The reason I am not getting a dedicated lower is due to where I live...Upstate New York. Do you have any suggestions for a 9mm conversion block? I see Brownells has 2 but would appreciate any feedback you have on them as well as any words of wisdom for the upper components as well. Thanks for a great show. Outro:
- Enter the AR-15 Podcast Rifle Giveaway sponsored by Brownells by going to www.ar15podcast.com/winner to join the FRN mailing list.
- You can also enter the Giveaway by leaving written feedback on iTunes and Stitcher
- Send us any questions or comments to firstname.lastname@example.org
- You can also send us a recorded voicemail by using the Speak Pipe Plugin on the right hand side of the ar15podcast website
- Subscribe and listen to the AR-15 Podcast for free at firearmsradio.tv/itunes
- Be sure to leave an iTunes review so iTunes can place the show higher in the searches of potential listeners
- If you listen to us on the Stitcher app, be sure to leave us a review there.
- Share your pics with us on Flickr at http://www.flickr.com/groups/blackrifle/
- Follow us on G+ to watch us LIVE at http://www.firearmsradio.tv/plus
- Check out our YouTube page at https://www.youtube.com/FirearmsRadio
- Follow FRN on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/Firearmsradio
- Check out our other podcast on the Firearms Radio Network
- Don’t forget to use our Brownells Affiliate link for all your AR-15 parts http://www.ar15podcast.com/parts
- Don’t forget to use our Amazon affiliate link on the Firearmsradio.tv website