Welcome to Episode #071 of the AR15 Podcast. I’m your host Reed Snyder and with me today is my co-host J.W. Ramp and our special guest, Joshua Waldron, CEO of SilencerCo. This is the podcast about your favorite black rifle! This show is for you; whether you're building your first AR or you’ve been building ARs for years. There is something we can all do to take our black rifle to the next level. Brownells helps make this show possible.
Don’t forget that Brownells is there for you anytime you make a mistake, like when Jake shoots a take-down pin detent across his avocado green linoleum flooring and it skids under the cabinets.
Brownells Item of the Week: Blackhawk SOCOM Pistol Case
Shop for AR-15 parts at Brownells. Go to: ar15podcast.com/parts
Amazon affiliate link: http://www.ar15podcast.com/amazon
Tip of the Week:
Reed discusses SilencerCo’s new Saker 7.62 with Joshua Waldron, CEO of SilencerCo.
Myles: Hello, been awhile since I have written in, your multi part episode on optics had me shying away for a little while. I get it, more expensive optics are better, they had better be if they cost $1,700. Personally I am quite satisfied with my $200 Minox.
But on to the meat of the matter.
You recently talked about levers attached to bolt releases. I have no experience with the MagPul BAD lever, however I and a friend of mine have used phase 5 levers in the past and we are not happy with them.
My friend had the one piece lever, I had a cheaper unit that bolts on the stock lever. I was very happy with mine at first, but as time went by I started having malfunctions. The bolt catch failed to function every now and then. As soon as I got rid of the lever this problem went away. My friend had the same problem, which also went away when he dumped the lever.
I have been told that one might be able to rectify this by installing a stronger bolt catch spring. But since that would require drifting out a retaining pin I have decided against this for now.
Too bad really as the AR is much more comfortable to run with one of these thingies.
I forgot to add that I thought it was a bit suspicious when the outfit that sold me the Phase 5 lever gave me about a 30% discount, and it looked like it had been sitting in a drawer since the Clinton administration.
- Send any questions or comments to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Send us a recorded voicemail by using the Speak Pipe Plugin on the right hand side of the ar15podcast website
- Follow FRN on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/Firearmsradio
- Follow G+ to watch us LIVE at http://www.firearmsradio.tv/plus
- Check out our YouTube page at https://www.youtube.com/FirearmsRadio
- Share your pics with us on Flickr at http://www.flickr.com/groups/blackrifle/
- Don’t forget to check out our other podcasts on the Firearms Radio Network
- Subscribe and listen to the podcasts for free at firearmsradio.tv/itunes
- Be sure to leave an iTunes review so iTunes knows to place the show higher in listener searches
- Don’t forget to use our Brownells Affiliate link for all your AR-15 parts http://www.ar15podcast.com/parts
- Amazon affiliate link: http://www.ar15podcast.com/amazon