Reed and Tony discuss Optics for your AR-15
Welcome to Episode #053 of the AR15 Podcast. I’m your host Reed Snyder and with us is my co-host Tony Imburgia. This is the podcast about your favorite black rifle! This show is for you; whether you're building your first AR or you’ve been building ARs for years. There is something we can all do to take our black rifle to the next level.
Otis Ripcord Giveaway
For times in the field when you just can’t reach your Otis cleaning system and need a quick and effective clean – reach for the Ripcord®. This convenient tool cleans from Breech-to-Muzzle® in one quick and easy pass. The molded rubberized core and Nomex® fibers together create a more effective way to trap and remove fouling.
Winner: Eric C: Reloading the 223 podcast...First and foremost love this podcast... I'm new to the AR 15/Black Rifle... They are like a incurable disease, I'm working on building my first but have plans/dreams for at least two more... As far as a dream build, I don't have one currently...
As far as the reloading podcast, you mentioned single stage presses and a slight mention to progressive presses but left out the turret presses... For the speed and ease the progressive press is the way to go but there are many fine adjustments to get it to run smoothly... The turret press offers ease and some what faster reloading without the adjustments... I use the Lee turret press which works great... I went with the turret because it was only a few more dollars they the single stage... Just food for thought for people looking to hand loading...
Keep up the great work....
I would like to be entered in the Otis drawing...
Brownells helps make this show possible.
They are there for you anytime you make a mistake, like when Jake shoots a spring across the room into his shag carpet.
Shop for AR-15 parts at Brownells. Go to: ar15podcast.com/ar15parts
Tip of the Week: 10 tips to shoot like a sniper
Main Topic: Glass Optics for your AR-15
- First Focal Plane vs. Second Focal Plane
- Eye relief
- Field of View
- Turrets vs. Dials
- Fixed vs. Variable
- German #4
- Boone & Crockett
- Target Dot
- Mil Dot
- BDC (Bullet Drop Compensator)
- TRM (Tactical Milling Reticle)
- Horus Reticle System
- Leupold -- Leupold VX-R
- Schmidt & Bender
- SWFA -- SWFA SS HD 1-4x24 Tactical Rifle Scope
Greg P: Thanks so much for your Podcast. I wanted to show off the progress of my first time build. It is not complete, but the hard parts are done. I am waiting for the buffer components and front end components. So far, it is going very well. I am amazed just how simple these things are under the hood.
Alex - St. Louis: I was listening to one of the podcasts where the RCBS entry-level scale was called "junk." I have to disagree. Sure I would like a nicer one but to called this junk is not accurate. This one has served me well for years. Are there better ones? sure but to call this one junk is simply not accurate. In fact your attitude towards the scale was downright snobby. Otherwise I love the show and I would love it if you would do more on reloading.
Louie: Please work on pronouncing these 3 words:
1) Corps...the p is silent. Only Obama says it like you 2) Carbine...it is like CARBEEN 3) Leupold...It is like LOOPOLD.
- Send any questions or comments to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Record a voicemail using the Speak Pipe Plugin on the right hand side of ar15podcast.com
- Follow FRN on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/Firearmsradio
- Follow G+ to watch LIVE http://www.firearmsradio.tv/plus
- Don’t forget to check out the podcast on the Firearms Radio Network Subscribe and listen for free at firearmsradio.tv/itunes and be sure to leave an itunes review
- Don’t forget to use our Brownells Affiliate link for all your AR-15 parts http://www.ar15podcast.com/ar15parts