When will we be able to watch outdoor media when we want to, where we want to and on any device?
Welcome to Episode 090 of Gun Guy Radio,----this is the podcast that shines a positive light on the firearms lifestyle. I’m Your host Jake Challand and this is your weekly dose of positive firearms talk, without the politics.
Brownells helps make this episode of Gun Guy Radio Possible.
- Selection Service Satisfaction
- Find it all at Brownells
- Go to www.gunguyradio.com/Satisfaction
- Firearms has launched http://firearmsinsider.tv/
- FI podcasts on master feed
Main Topic: Firearms Insider: Digital Gun Rights, How can the Gun Rights Community cut the cord?
- Expand and grow not just preserve
- Great quality digital content
- Reach the Dad’s and Mom’s of the next gen.
- Main demographic for FRN 35 - 50 years olds
- dilemma of reaching the next gen when NRA mags and cable gun shows are filled with lipitor and viagra ads.
- Who is the NRA?
- It’s me, my wife, my 4 year old son? My Dad, Grandpa?
- How do we get the 35 - 50 year olds as interested and active as the 65+ year olds?
- Building better shooting ranges? more/
- How do the 35 - 50 year olds consume content compared to 65+ ?
- Stream tv shows on amazon, netflix, hulu on their smart tv or the roku and apple set-top boxes
- My wife and I have not had a cable or sat subscription for about 7 years.
- Look at my young kids how do they watch tv? They stream shows off of netflix and amazon via our HD kindle or Ipad mini.
- How is this next generation going to consume media when they are growing up playing wu
- It’s not good or bad… but it is where the future is going.
- Are the current outdoor tv, radio or magazines serving the next generation with digital media.
- When will we be able to watch what we want, when we want it and on what we want to watch it on. At what point will I be.
- How do we serve this generation and next generation before it’s too late?
- We are competing with other sports media who already has on demand content. Look at all the ESPN & NFL podcasts on itunes.
Weekly Giveaway: Brownells $20 in gift card
This Weeks Winner: Thomas Embree
Next Week’s Giveaway: $20 Brownells Gift Cards
I have been meaning to write to you again about previous episodes. You never cease to amaze me with guests. The other day, you had the gentleman from Crosman on the show. When the I saw the topic, I almost skipped it but something inside me said to trust Jake. Sure enough, very interesting. I have not shot my Benjamin pellet gun for nearly 60 years. Through your interview, I have learned that air rifles have come a long way over the past half century. I even looked at the Crossman site and learned that some of their high end guns cost more than even the most expensive firearms in my collection. Pretty impressive stuff. Thanks again for great insight of what is interesting to firearms' enthusiasts.
I have been meaning to write since I recently completed some work in Washington, DC. As I was walking one day, I saw your new entrepreneurial venture on the 4000 block of Connecticut Ave NW. While you try to disguise it with different spelling, I thought this is one of the reasons you are cutting back on hosting podcasts. See the attached photo. Actually, the food is pretty good.
Keep up the great work Jake. While the monthly roundtables help, I relish the 'old' episodes when you and Zack were just starting out. You have done an unbelievable job in growing the network but I still yearn for the good ole days. However, as an old man, I yearn for a lot of memorable events in my life.
SPONSOR – Ryan Cross Hunter of Design - www.hunterofdesign.com
Don’t forget to shop Brownells using our affiliate link http://www.gunguyradio.com/Satisfaction
- Feedback - email@example.com
- Record a voicemail using the Speak Pipe Plugin on the right hand side of GGR
- Don’t forget to purchase your Gun Guy Radio stickers
- Remember to subscribe to us in iTunes so that you never miss a show and please leave us a review there as well. http://www.gunguyradio.com/itunes
- Facebook.com/GunGuyRadio page
- GunGuyRadio.com site for show notes
- Join the NRA
- Join the Second Amendment Foundation
- The Firearms Radio Network Needs your help! Show us some love by going to http://www.gunguyradio.com/love/
- Don’t forget to check out the other shows on the Firearms Radio Network Subscribe and listen for free at http://www.firearmsradio.tv/itunes