Jared the new editor of the Firearms Insider and Devin the host of the upcoming Gun & Gear podcast join Jake on this Week’s Gun Guy Radio.
Welcome to Episode 089 of Gun Guy Radio,----this is the podcast that shines a positive light on the firearms lifestyle. I’m Your host Jake Challand and this is your weekly dose of positive firearms talk, without the politics.
- Brownells helps make this episode of Gun Guy Radio Possible.
- Selection Service Satisfaction
- Find it all at Brownells
- Go to www.gunguyradio.com/Satisfaction
Very Generous donation from Robbie! Thank You, Thank You!
Main Topic: Firearms Insider
Devin (Host of the Firearms Insider Gun & Gear Reviews Podcast)
Jared (Senior editor)
Crosman AR-15 Upper Receiver pre-review
High Power trainer…
Designed to support 10-meter match air rifle competition
- Match grade accuracy
- • Meets the National Match Air Rifle competition requirements
- • Ready for competition out of the box
- • Up to 120 shots per fill
- • More range time - even indoors
- • Low noise and minimal recoil
Weekly Giveaway: Brownells $20 in gift card
This Weeks Winner: Roger Parker
Next Week’s Giveaway: $20 Brownells Gift Cards
I enjoy your podcasts very much.
I was glad to hear that you are a fan of Audible.com, as am I.
"American Sniper" and "American Gun," Chris Kyle's two books are available on Audible.com.
Emily Miller, Senior Opinion Writer with the Washington Times, also has her book, "Emily Gets Her Gun: But Obama Wants to Take Yours," on Audible.com
Jake, you and the folks have done an outstanding job with the network and the shows. You truly don't compete with the Other network, but you are complementary. No duplication of services. What a legacy.
I am a big fan of Gun Guy and Gun Girl radio. Been listening to the AR15 podcast as well.
Just heard about the Accurate Rifle podcast. I have been thinking about trying my hand at that discipline so this is very timely.
My question is this: I normally listen to podcasts via Stitcher. Will the Accurate Rifle find its way there?
I will go look at the needs list to see if there is anything I can do to help out.
Keep up the good work
Competitive Rifle Podcast:
Today I listened to #88 I really enjoyed it, I think Nikki is really funny and I look forward to hearing more of her. As an atheist libertarian I totally disagree with Eric, I think gun people are the best people you could ever hope to meet even though most are Christian and republican. I'm not offended by talk about God, and in fact I think that a persons faith or lac of faith is a part of who they are. I would be offended if you felt you had to censor yourself, after all it is your show, and part of what I like about the show is the personalization and people in the shows. I also listen to many of the God And Guns shows when they have content I'm interested in, Crossbreed Holsters ROCK!
PS Most of our students are women, many of them are petite, old, arthritic or more than one of these. The perfect tool for them to load magazines with is the Uplula Loader, we use them all the time. They also work well to get the 15th and 16th round into that new magazine! They sell at Brownells for $35. I think it is one of the best range products on the market, they come in black and pink. They come in two handgun sizes 1 for .22 through .380 and one for .380 up. They also have one for rifles, I have not used that one yet, but I have heard it works well.
Ed : I am, like you, an inhabitant of the heretofore (and largely still) gun-unfriendly State of Illinois. I am in even deeper do-do (than you) as a Chicagoan. While our new concealed carry law is a very big step in the right direction (never thought I would live to see the day) BUT , of course there are so many prohibited areas it would have been far easier for the legislature to have listed the places where licensees CAN carry rather than the reverse. All that being said -- it is a very big thing in a place like Illinois and maybe, just maybe—with more people joining the gun owners’ community more laws consistent with the 2nd Amendment become law here. The Illinois Supreme court recently held that the 2nd Amendment actually protects the rights of citizens to carry a firearm outside of the home. Yes-- the ILLINOIS Supreme Court. I am a bit optimistic – after 66 years of waiting!
I think that the State Police is actually doing a very good job implementing concealed carry.
1. Over 1000 instructors have been approved -=- see http://www.isp.state.il.us/firearms/ccw/instructor-registry.cfm?State=&County=&City=&LastName=&Search=Search
2. A list of 16 pages of business have had their training curricula approved – see http://www.isp.state.il.us/firearms/ccw/CCWApprovedCurriculum.pdf
3. Applications will be available on January 5, 2014 and the law mandates that the police have to act on the application within 30 days – seehttp://www.isp.state.il.us/firearms/ccw/ccw-index.cfm
4. The 16 hour training is in 2 phases – the first 8 hours can be satisfied in a number of ways by prior military experience (just present your DD-214) or previous courses such as NRA Basic pistol and a number of other classes that many applicants will have taken already. See http://www.isp.state.il.us/firearms/ccw/CCWPriorTrainingCredit.pdf (e.g. I have already taken NRA Basis Pistol and the Utah & Florida Concealed Carry, and will take the other 8 hours ( Phase 2) the day after tomorrow – four hours of law and 4 hours of range training (dry fire and live fire).
So far it appears that the State Police is doing its job and complying with the time table set forth by the law.
Keep up the great work on the Firearms Radio Network/ Gun Guy, etc. Your show is one of the best ones out there.
The Firearms Insider Community will launch October 15th!
- Help us raise $1,000 in 1 weeks!
- Allows us to prepay the hosting for 1 Year of Flex VPS
- Also pays for the Media hosting of the podcast for 1 year.
SPONSOR – Ryan Cross Hunter of Design - www.hunterofdesign.com
Don’t forget to shop Brownells using our affiliate link http://www.gunguyradio.com/Satisfaction
- Feedback - email@example.com
- Record a voicemail using the Speak Pipe Plugin on the right hand side of GGR
- Don’t forget to purchase your Gun Guy Radio stickers
- Remember to subscribe to us in iTunes so that you never miss a show and please leave us a review there as well. http://www.gunguyradio.com/itunes
- Facebook.com/GunGuyRadio page
- GunGuyRadio.com site for show notes
- Join the NRA
- Join the Second Amendment Foundation
- The Firearms Radio Network Needs your help! Show us some love by going to http://www.gunguyradio.com/love/
- Don’t forget to check out the other shows on the Firearms Radio Network Subscribe and listen for free at http://www.firearmsradio.tv/itunes